Indian Dosas (Vegan Style) - Daring Cooks September

Ooops, I almost forget to post this wonderful challenge!! It's 14th September and the Daring Cooks revealing date, Indian Dosas vegan style.

This month's challenge was hosted by Debyi from The Healthy Vegan Kitchen. She's a passionate and active member of the alternative kitchen in the group.

Even though I have cooked vegan before, and also Indian food, I had never done a vegan Indian dish before, and this was a great oportunity. I cooked this for a lunch we had with a friend, and even both my boyfriend and this friend of ours are full carnivores, they didn't noticed at all there was no meat in the dosas filling, made of chickpeas paste and tomato, covered with a delicious curry and coconut milk sauce. I left out some ingredients to adapt it to our taste, such as hot banana chili (hard to find it here anyway); and also substituted the required spelt flour for whole-grain rice flour, as I visited three specialized stores in my town and I couldn't find it.

The most important requirement of the challenge was to cook it free of animal products, and make it completely vegan, and that was quite a headache for some of the members.

For recipe details you can click here and for other members posts feel free to visit the blogroll.

And so, here's my completed challenge:

The dosa pancakes:
The curry and coconut milk sauce: 
The chickpea filling:

6 comments:

Mary said...

You did a wonderful job with this challenge. I hope you enjoyed the dosas. This was a fun challenge.

Lauren said...

Beautiful photos!! The dosas look amazing, wonderful job with this challenge =D.

Jenni said...

Your Dosas look great Olga!

TaGa_Luto said...

Good job! Like you, this was my first to make dosas and vegan at that...i made 2 kinds of dosas.

lisamichele said...

What a phenomenal job, Olga! Your dosas, filling and sauce look so delicate, smooth and creamy, and the photos are top notch and mouth watering!

syrupandhoney said...

I couldn't find spelt flour either but didn't seem to get in the way! Congrats on a job well done.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin